Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Homemade Burger Buns in 40 minutes!

I'm lazy, yep so lazy that I'd rather make something at home rather than run out to the store to buy it...I know, sounds like I've got a screw or two loose, but that's just my crazy!

So when I wanted to grill some veggie burgers (the best ever!) and didn't want to have any leftover buns (always the case when you're using one at a time), I thought there has to be an easy burger bun recipe out there flitting around the web...and there was!!!

Super simple, quick and very delicious (according to my happy hubby!) They even look inviting, don't you think?

I cut the recipe in half and made them really large and got two out it, but I think three would have been really reasonable.

Homemade Burger Buns (adapted from this recipe)
(makes 6 regular size)

2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 egg, beaten
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus more for kneading
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg  beaten (for the egg wash on top)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl whisk yeast with salt, water, sugar and oil and let stand for a few minutes. Add egg, flour and salt and use a rubber spatula to combine, but don't overwork. Knead dough by hand on a lightly floured surface, useing more flour as needed to create a smooth and soft elastic dough. Divide into 6 equal pieces and shape each into a ball and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cover buns with dish cloth and allow to rest for 10 minutes. 

Uncover buns and brush tops with beaten egg and bake for 10-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway though, until buns are golden brown. Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting into them. If you place the cooling rake outdoors or in the shade they will cool faster. Serve with your favorite burgers!

Hugs!

No comments: